- Carrisa Pty Ltd trading as Domination Homes and Zircon Living (Carrisa) is bound by the Privacy Act 1988. We collect, store, use and disclose information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- We collect and hold personal information about:
2.1 our clients;
2.2 contractors and consultants who do work for us; and
2.3 those employed by us or who seek employment with us.
- Personal information collected by us generally comprises names, addresses, dates of birth, gender, marital status, occupation, contact details and, in the case of clients, limited financial information.
- We collect personal information:
4.1 whenever a client makes an enquiry in respect of a product or service provided by us. We collect this information with the consent of the client.
4.2 whenever we engage subcontractors and consultants or receive applications for employment and/or employ persons. We collect this information with the consent of those persons.
- We collect personal information to enable us to:
5.1 provide our clients with information as to the products and services we provide;
5.2 negotiate building contracts;
5.3 allow us to carry out building works in compliance with our legal obligations, including dealing with local authorities;
5.4 maintain our client relationships;
5.5 to assess applications for employment and work and comply with our obligations to employees, subcontractors and consultants.
5.6 re-marketing or promote our products and services
- We may disclose your personal information to the extent necessary to allow us to carry on our business, in particular to allow building works to be carried out. This may include disclosure to local authorities, external service providers (such as subcontractors), professional advisers (such as accountants) and related Carissa entities.
We will not usually disclose this information to anyone else without the consent of the individual. If at any time we have reason to believe that any unauthorised person is likely to gain access to personal information, we will immediately carry out an investigation and take all necessary steps to prevent access. We will notify both the individuals affected and the Information Commissioner.
- Individuals may request access to their personal information as stored by us. Individuals can apply for access by making a written request to the managing director. We will promptly correct any errors in the personal information we hold upon being informed of the error.
Should an individual have a privacy complaint, we request the individual contact us to discuss the complaint with us. We offer a free internal complaint resolution mechanism.
We will conduct an investigation after a complaint and provide a written report on the outcome of that investigation, including any recommended actions. If the individual is not satisfied with the complaint investigation, the individual may have the complaint resolved externally.
- We do not disclose personal information to overseas recipients.